Top 5 Reasons To Go For Laser Hair Removal in Winters
The temperatures have dropped and you’re most likely wearing more clothing than you were a couple of months ago. With your focus on staying warm and covered up, the last thing on your mind is laser hair removal. However, we believe that it is an absolute must to start your course at this time of year!
We often find that people start to think about laser hair removal as it gets warmer, but this usually means that it’s too late to finish your course by the time summer comes around. Generally, six to eight sessions of laser hair removal is required to be effective, as each treatment removes a higher percentage of hair until your skin is ultimately hair free. As laser hair removal requires several sessions (and it’s recommended to wait six to eight weeks between each session to allow hair growth), it’s best to start as early as possible. By getting a head start on laser hair removal during the winter month, you can avoid the busy summer season when appointments are harder to come by, and be bikini-ready in time for warm beach weather.
Here are our top 5 reasons on why winter & autumn are the best times to book for laser hair removal:
1) Laser Hair Removal works best on pale skin and darker hair. Any sun exposure that tans your skin will not only increase the risk of burning but also decreases the efficiency of any laser hair removal treatment.
2) Self-tanning products must be avoided for two weeks prior to the treatment taking place, during the colder season there is less of a need to apply self-tanning products, what better time to complete your laser hair removal then now?
3) Post-treatment, targeted areas tend to become sensitive to light and you’re advised to keep the treated area shielded from the sun to protect it.
4) Adding up the ongoing costs of razors, waxing and hair removal creams can result in a daunting figure, by completing approximately 6-8 treatments of Laser Hair Removal you can save money and time.
5) Hair removal can also be a fairly uncomfortable process. With Laser Hair Removal, some areas will be virtually painless, and with others, you may feel a light snapping or pinching of the skin. The majority of our patients stay cool, calm and comfortable throughout their sessions, compared to the often agonizing process of waxing and tweezing.
It’s time to take advantage of the winter and start getting ready for laser hair removal. Avoid the busy summer season in salons, avoid the harm of direct sun exposure on recently treated skin, Laser hair removal during the winter is a smart move (not to mention a great gift idea for the holidays) to ensure you’re beach ready just in time for the summer.